Preservation Petersburg, Inc. – organized for the following purposes:
- To own, develop and maintain certain historic properties in the City of Petersburg, Virginia that have historic significance.
- To provide stewardship of these historic properties.
- To provide educational programs relating to the properties.
- To utilize these properties to promote Tourism.
- To best promote the use of the properties as a catalyst for income to be used in the maintenance, repair and upkeep of the properties.
- To engage in any other lawful purposes not in conflict with these Articles of Incorporation and all powers set forth in Section 13.1-286 of the Virginia Nonstock Corporation Act of the Code of Virginia of 1950, as amended.