September 16, 2009Raised donations and served as the depository for funds to repair the original Lady Justice statue.
May 16, 2006Archaeological dig at the site of the Golden Ball Tavern.
January 16, 2003Assisted the City of Petersburg with funds to repair Battersea Mansion.
September 16, 1996Restored the John Baird, Jr. House, for our headquarters.
August 6, 1993Led the effort to survey every property affected by the 1993 tornado. Raised over $130,000 for the tornado relief effort. Helped with emergency weatherproofing and gave 20 grants to assist with restoration. More than $50,000 worth of supplies was given out for emergency repairs.
February 16, 1992Assisted with the historically appropriate design for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Bridge
August 16, 1989Recorded protective covenants on historic properties
July 16, 1985Held Battersea Ball fundraisers for Battersea Mansion
March 16, 1983Published books, A Bird of Peace and The Ghost of Rat Castle
November 16, 1978Acquired the Thomas Wallace House, 204 S. Market Street. General U.S. Grant and President Abraham Lincoln met here on April 3, 1865, after the fall of Petersburg to the Union Army.
July 16, 1974Acquired the Maclin-McGill-Zimmer Tobacco Company buildings, 135 W. Old Street. Sold two years later and adapted to apartments for the elderly.
May 16, 1971Assisted the City of Petersburg in establishing historic districts.
October 5, 1967Compiled The Gerry Report, which identified over 50 buildings worthy of preservation and restoration.
September 22, 1967On September 22, 1967, Historic Petersburg Foundation Inc. received its charter as a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization.